Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Snorkel Trip!

A couple of days ago me, my brother, and my dad went snorkeling at Sebastian inlet.  We got in beyond the tide pool and snorkeled to the river and went back down to the tide pool and the only life we saw were birds, sea grass, and hermit crabs.  Tons of hermit crabs.  After that, we met a friend of ours who said we should go down to the jetty and snorkel there.  So we took his advice and went on down to the jetty and we saw some cool striped fish near the coquina ( Florida's native rock ).We went on and we were suddenly surrounded by snook! there must have been at lest 200 of them! I was amazed.  We worked our way forward and saw something that looked a lot like a coral reef!  I saw sooo many different kinds of fish I can't name them all!  Though I remember seeing a barracuda!  So we headed back to shore when someone on the pier said "There's a manatee out there!" when my dad looked out north and was thinking "we aren't swimming way out there." When he said "No! No! No! RIGHT BEHIND YOU!  So I put my goggles and snorkel on and take one look underwater and yell "OH, MY GOSH!!!" And there"s an 11-foot manatee right below me!!!  My brother and dad went down and rubbed it but I didn't because I don't like to go under water with my snorkel on.  And that's the end or Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment